Help get back your testosterone without the daily routine. Welcome to TESTOPEL®.
TESTOPEL® is the only FDA-approved testosterone treatment on market designed to continually deliver testosterone for 3-4 months, sometimes as long as 6 months.
FDA-approved long-acting testosterone treatment may last 3-4 months
TESTOPEL® is covered by a majority
of commercial insurance plans
TESTOPEL® does not carry
any risk of transference
TESTOPEL® (testosterone pellets) is approved for testosterone replacement therapy in adult males for conditions associated with low or absent testosterone in the body.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Men with breast cancer should not use TESTOPEL®. In patients with breast cancer, TESTOPEL® may cause elevated calcium levels in the blood. Men who have or might have prostate cancer or have had an adverse reaction should not use TESTOPEL®. Men treated with TESTOPEL® may be at an increased risk for developing an enlarged prostate and prostatic cancer. TESTOPEL® is not approved for use in women. If a woman is pregnant or may become pregnant, that woman should not use TESTOPEL® because it may harm the unborn baby
- Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body with or without heart failure may be a serious problem in patients treated with TESTOPEL® who have heart, kidney, or liver disease. In addition to your doctor stopping treatment with TESTOPEL®, your doctor may need you to take a medicine known as a diuretic
- Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men) frequently develops and occasionally persists in patients being treated for hypogonadism
- TESTOPEL® should be used cautiously in healthy males with delayed puberty. Adolescent males taking TESTOPEL® for delayed puberty should have bone development checked every 6 months. In children, TESTOPEL® may speed up bone maturity without having a similar gain in linear growth (height). This may result in a decreased adult height. TESTOPEL® has not been shown to be safe and effective for the enhancement of athletic performance. Because of the potential risk for serious adverse health effects, TESTOPEL® should not be used for such purpose
- Because TESTOPEL® pellets are placed under the skin it is more difficult for your doctor to change the dosage compared to medicines taken by mouth or medicines injected into the muscle (intramuscular injection). Surgical removal may be required if treatment with TESTOPEL® needs to be stopped. In addition, there are times when the TESTOPEL® pellets may come out of the skin
- While taking TESTOPEL®, your doctor may periodically do tests to check for liver damage. Your doctor may also check for increased red blood cells if you are receiving high doses of TESTOPEL®
- Side effects of TESTOPEL® include more erections than normal or erections that last a long time, nausea, vomiting, changes in skin color, ankle swelling, changes in body hair, male pattern baldness, acne, suppression of certain clotting factors, bleeding in patients on blood thinners, increase or decrease in libido, headache, anxiety, depression, inflammation and pain at the implantation site and rarely anaphylactoid reaction (a sudden onset of allergic reaction)
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call